Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Time Management

I'm back! Not that I was gone for long, but a week can be considered that for most. I didn't update my weekly feature, but who's keeping track!?, this Friday will be before you know it. I have been busy lately, working on the planning and launching of my book club this summer. Its been fun networking with so many people, collecting such good ideas, getting wonderful feedback, and of course all the research, business and technical work. Add this in to my normal to-do activites and figure out why I still have time for other things. its a simple math equation. 24 hours in day-24 hours of normal everyday activities-2 hours of extra planning and extracurricular activites = -26 hours. So has my day extended? or is there an equation missing from the problem? I've obviously been slacking in other areas to make up. But I have a goal, a goal to figure out how to incorporate more me and/or extra-curricular activity time into my busy schedule. I am trying to figure out how to prioritize, how to do all the things it takes to be and remain a healthy, happy mom of 2 children, wife, family member to many, friend, and employee. I know it has to be possible although I've been discouraged many times. I expect the obstacles, but for the most part, I know it can be achieved. Any suggestions?

Sarah

No comments: