Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A New Season

All I can say is OMG! I cannot wait for March 14th 2010 (Spring Begins) is also my little boys 7th Birthday.

I'll try to stay on the topic of the Spring Season (I might go a little on the deep-end at times)

I mentioned in a previous post that this has been a harsh winter in the Carolina's and I really needed this to get back to normal/average. Well my request still stands. I (we) deserve it don't we?

See we go through Seasons or cycles in order to keep a proper balance in life and to experience change and without it we'd only have a constant, exhausting pace of life.

That brings me to say I am exhausted, through no fault of my own of course, but I'm ready to be balanced. I'm open to new ideas about how to get and maintain this balance. Through the many challenges in life, how do you find the proper balance and enjoy all the fruits of life? Sometimes I feel like I'm just merely existing, but I want to be excited about each and every aspect of life. I know at times there are some things that are not worth the excitement, but for the most part you know what I mean. Sometimes my main problem may be my mind. Not accepting in my mind some of the daily tasks that it takes to make it through the day. If only we could learn to accept that you have do some of the simple things such as dishes on a daily basis and be happy about it, because its likely that that activity will never change. It will always be ready and waiting to be done. A constant conversation with my son in regards to things he doesn't want to do or deal with goes this way although he is sometimes too young to understand:

Good Morning! Its time to wake up and get ready for school

Um, I'm tired I don't want to get up...(mind you, I do make sure my children get there recommended amount of sleep)

Well you have to, its a weekday and you have school today. You can stay asleep on the weekend.

Oohhh ookay....(still lying is bed)

Come on now Get up

Well can you help me with something?

No, you know the routine, go get started so I can finish up my stuff....

Pleeaassse just one more time???

(Embrace cause here goes my speech):
Listen, stop whining and be the big boy that you are. I don't want to wake you up arguing with you. I want to wake you up and hear some appreciation in your voice. I want you appreciate that you have another fun and exciting day to do all the wonderful things children can do. I want you to be happy about today because there is nothing to be sad about. Everybody's healthy, the sun is shining(sometimes), you have friends and family to see and its better to be happy and not sad and ungrateful because things could be worse.

Well lets just say between his questions in between on what certain things mean and a little more emphasis here and there that's the jest of it.

So I preach it and I wont stop because I know its necessary, but why is it so hard to take your own advice at times? We'll one excuse is, I'm an adult and sometimes I am sick and tired, I don't get my recommended amount of sleep, the sun is not always shining when my eyes open, there are not always fun and exciting things to do...the list could go on. But I am an adult and this is reality and I ready to stop merely existing.

Spring doesn't begin until March 14th, but I have a head start and my New Season begins now. Will yours?

Stay motivated, keep motivating and follow your dreams!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry, I meant March 20th!