Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A New Quest

I am on a quest to find my healthy body, my healthy eating habits , and my healthy physical activity. I think I have explored this many times before, at times successful – other times not to be spoken of. But I want to succeed this time. I want my results to be permanent, not another quick fix or temporary patch. So I am telling the world my story and my dream, I am making myself accountable. I am not different from any other person who wants to lose weight. I have my excuses, my reasons why I am where I am right now. Does any of it really matter? I think some it matters. No it shouldn’t be an excuse, but it does matter. I have and still struggle with a sickness that inhibits my body’s ability to be healthy. But I’m tired of it controlling me and hindering me from being where I want to be in the physical aspect of my body.


One day, my health will be normal, so why should I wait until then, why not start the healthy habits now? I ask myself that today, Is my health a 5 minute problem, a 5 hour problem, a 5 day problem or a 5 year problem? Well if you know the story, if its anything less than a 5 year problem, then there’s no need to stress or worry profusely about anything that will not even exist or be thought of a week from now. I encourage you to use that guide when problems arise. I have unfortunately been dealing with a lot of 5 year problems/situations, so they are very worth my time and energy.
Trying to stay on track- We’ll I am disappointed at the fact that I’ve joined this Biggest Loser competition with my job and I have to admit that I haven’t been holding up my end of the stick with my team. We are at a halfway mark and I’m looking back and not seeing a single change in my weight. I’ve given up on completing the challenges so far, I haven’t used the resources available, but worst of all I have disappointed myself. I told myself 3 weeks ago when one of my teammates was diagnosed with Leukemia, that I would try harder since they had to unexpectedly drop from the competition. But I’ve only failed at my attempts.

So I know what I need to do, I know that I can start right here right now. With one step, one glass of water, one fruit or vegetable, and one word of encouragement to get on the right track. So what happens now?? Well I will updating my blog with mostly everything I am doing to complete my quest. You will hear my most intimate struggles, my successes, my good times and my bad. I challenge myself based off my own goals and timeline to complete this by September 25th, my Birthday. I don’t want to celebrate another year disappointed at my failures, looking back at myself and knowing that I haven’t even taken the effort to make the improvements.

I have wondered so often, how can we dedicate so many long hours to working a job, taking care of our kids, our families and friends, and putting ourselves last on the list. Without putting yourself and your health first, there is no way you can enjoy the long term effects of all the other things in your life.

So it has been a treacherous week with my health and only God knows what the future will bring, but putting all that aside and keeping faith in His plan, I move on to what is in my control. I will start by drinking one gallon of water a day- you heard me 1 Gallon(128 ounces)! Yes, it’s said that on average our bodies need at least 64 oz to function properly, but who’s average? Not me….A better figure is to drink half of your body weight. Ex. If your 180lbs- drink 90 ounces of water per day. I want to exceed that, it’s not hard to accomplish. I found a half gallon size bottle at Walmart that I can carry to work and only have to fill up twice. I challenge you do the same. I’m aiming for a gallon a day and I’ll let you know how that goes in a few days. I’m thinking frequent trips to the ladies room……Wish me luck and success!

No comments: