Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This Is Me, Who Are You?

I am me, myself and I, like no other women. But never better than the next. I love me and you! I am a Christian and God fearing woman and continuously working on my faith. I am a woman of many characteristics but my character does not change. Don’t hate me if I appear standoffish, I’ve learned through the years that it’s hard to trust another woman, and that trust has to be created and practiced, usually not at first sight. I do not have stupid written across the top of my forehead, but can you believe that some people think I do? I’ll admit I can be naive at times because it’s hard for me to believe that others can be so stupid, not that they have it written across their forehead….I am not perfect and I don’t strive to because that’s not realistic. I am a very curious woman, too nosy at times, but who isn’t, who doesn’t want to know? I can forgive and along with that goes forgetting. If you chose to purposely hurt me or cause problems with me, I will forgive you and then FORGET you ever existed. I don’t like to be taken advantage of, again I ask who does? I am not ashamed of anything that has ever happened in my life. I have moved past the negative things and I’m living my dream each and every day. A miserable day is part of living my dream, because it makes the next day even better. I am a hard worker, often working too hard, but very proud of my career and my position in life. I am a great wife, a real life black wife with a real life black man and a beautiful family. I know my duties and I hold my position with all my might. I love my family hard, so don’t mess with them either. I am also a great sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, daughter in law and niece. I am forgetful at times, forgetting familiar faces, important dates, holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions, but God knows my heart and I ask of forgiveness at times for things that I know not what I do. I love reality shows, from the Family Crews to Tiny and Toya, because they are not afraid to show there ups and downs, rights and wrongs and different experiences in life. I like real people who go through real life situations. The people I hang around are a reflection of me, I will not keep bad company. I am evolving in so many ways. I can be reserved at times, just sitting back and observing. I am learning etiquette something that was not taught in my neighborhood as a child growing up, but that doesn’t mean I’m acting white or boogie, just that I’m versatile for whatever situation I may encounter. I’m learning style, my own style, getting to know me better and better each day, so excuse me if I don’t dress like you. I’m learning patience and how to expect the unexpected. I am not keeping up with the Jones, or the Thomas’s or Davis’s. If we like the same lamp or color paint in our kitchen, so be it, why hate? This is a overview of me, myself and I and I feel it’s time to let people know.

Who are you?

1 comment:

maelean said...

i love this!!! my sister has truly grown to be a strong black beautiful women!! i love you!!!
p.s. i gotta call you back!! lol