Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I have been extremely busy lately between planning vacations, launching my new Book Club, getting ready for little boy Paige to turn the big #7!, sick kids(again) and not being up to good health myself, work of course and all the other daily things to do that never disappear, can you imagine!? Everything is happening all at once, March will be over before you know it. And then comes the much needed Spring break that I am waiting so impatiently for (lol!)

So my little boy's birthday falls on a Sunday this year, how do I explain to him that we will be celebrating Friday going into Saturday? So I say since your birthday falls on a Sunday and were not having a party this year, you'll celebrate with a sleep over Friday and lots of fun Saturday. Sunday will be our usual family day. This year will not be a big shebang! Just him a couple of games, maybe bowling, pizza and good ole' quality time with a couple of his best buddies. Well no luck, he equates that with "so I'm not celebrating ON my birthday?" I say "your one of the lucky ones that will celebrate before your birthday even gets here", so he says "wow that will be fun, but I'm not celebrating ON my birthday?" OK so I changed the conversation because I ran out of ways to explain it and quite frankly I'm don't owe any more explanations. The point is were celebrating and eventually he'll get it.....My Dear will find lots of ways to keep them excited and busy this weekend, I'll leave that to his imagination.

So I hope for things to smooth out and get back on topic soon with the blogging, but until then, keep your focus and your eye on the prize.

No comments: