Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Its raining, Its pouring, I have been snoring.......

I just busted another goal of waking up on this week at 6:00 am in order to stop my morning rush and frustration of not having enough time to get ready and out the door on time.

I'm in the making excuses mode so I'll take my frustration out now, before I have to snap back to reality. It all started Monday, because of inclement weather, our School District was closed, so was the day care. So all I could do was let the kids stay asleep and go back to sleep. How fun! An unexpected, lazy day off.

As excited as I was about having Monday off, I thought I'd be off to a good start today. Well as my alarm went off this morning, I looked at the clock only to see the numbers 6:00 AM on the display. I thought there's no way, it was still dark, raining and I was still sleepy. SNOOZE! 5 minutes later again RRRINNNNNG!!!!!!!! I hit SNOOZE again. 6:10 AM after taking a deep breathe, I set my alarm for 6:35 AM, I figured it couldn't hurt my time too much, My Dear and the kids were still sleep and I could get another twenty five minutes of well deserved sleep.

As the alarm went off at 6:35 I wanted to cry out- Nooooooooooo, not yet, I'm STILL sleepyyyyyyyy...... but then I had to think about the kids, their school, My Dear and my career/job. I looked out my window only to see the rain and darkness that still hovered over our house. No wonder I was so sleepy after getting about 8 hours of shut eye...

Time management has been one of my New Year resolutions and as you can see, I'm struggling with this aspect of it. I know we all have some goals or tasks that seem impossible to accomplish, and this is one goal that continues to be a hard one for me. But one day, I hope to have it down and tackled. Keep praying for me and I'll do the same for you.

No comments: