Accomplishing the dream...

We look ahead to the future for happiness, letting life slip through our fingers. Will we feel complete when the task is done or look back on how we missed so much fun? Self-exhausted and we cant see a thing, hurting those we love as well as ourselves. We have so much to be grateful for, but are we willing to open the door? Too frequently others see whats in front of our face, but were to blind to look as we're ready to race. Is this what life should be about? Money, fortune, fame or a big house? Family, love, friendship and laughter are what we should seek. Everything else will fall in its place so there's no need to compete....

My Blog Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Denial

Every time I talk to my Aunt back home, we have a conversation about how my health is. I've been through some things for those that know me, but with Jesus as my Savior, I know that he is keeping his loving arms around me, protecting me, and helping me along my journey. Well at this time I have to be blessed about the obstacles I encountered and recovered from, but also confront the current ongoing struggles. And then reality hits...

Now that brings me to the fact that I have been in denial....I've had some aches and pains that I've encountered in the last- lets say over two year....I've had to put off some things, cancel some appointments, get mad at some doctors, ignore their prognosis/diagnosis and treatment plan in order to take care of other things in my life.

I do try hard not to stress or let things bother me and I must admit, I've been successful for the most part, but the time has come to start addressing my next moves and I'm ready! I embrace that I have the time, opportunity and resources to start taking more responsibility of my health- not that I'm not doing that now. But there is a lot more to address. More appointments to be made, physical therapy to go to, possible minor surgeries, and treatment plans to follow. I choose to end this denial immediately and get back on the path.

I want to be a better me as the years go on, I want to be healthy physically and medically. I want to be here on this earth for many many years and in my best condition ever! If you find that you are in denial about some aspect of you life. Address your concerns, find a plan and get on track.
Jeremiah 29:11 says
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

No comments: